Thursday, May 18, 2017

Field Trip: The Los Angeles Arboretum in Arcadia, California

This is the happiest place on earth (not Disneyland); and it is free every third Tuesday of the month.  I LOVE the Los Angeles Arboretum, in Arcadia, California.  It is like walking through another world, in another era.  I dare call it "pre-historic" because there is no such thing as pre-historic.  The trees and plants and flowers are exotic and ancient, and with the calls of the peacocks echoing through the trees, it does feel like another world and another time.  



There are plenty of ponds and waterfalls.


The whole environment smells sweet and lovely.


I would love to visit one day with a book, and find a quiet place to read -- like this place:


You can visit to bird watch.


Or go through the bamboo maze or forest.



Did I already tell you the place is infested with peacocks and peahens?












This is the coolest dome cave (made of tree limbs and leaves) in the world.  Literally.







The ponds are full of turtles.  I think this great guy eats other turtles.





My daughter took home lots of fallen samples of petals and leaves, but this one was not one of them.













I could stay here forever.  : )






Even though it was overcast, it was a perfect day.  I cannot wait to go again.



No comments: