Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden in Arcadia, California

Every third Tuesday of the month is free day at the Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden in Arcadia.  But even if you have to pay for a ticket, it's totally worth it.  Today there were a lot of peacocks.  After awhile, they really are not big deal to look at anymore; but their calls were really loud and annoying.  I'd rather share the pictures I took of the gorgeous and exotic flowers. 












This is my favorite picture.  
This little bee is shopping for pollen and carrying a gold mine on his little legs.




Our little group:


This tree was fun because the kids were able to climb up inside it. 








This pond was full of turtles.









Later, the girls sat down to draw in their nature journals, while the boys ran around and played tag.


One more little turtle:


4 comments:

Sharon Henning said...

These photos are stunning! You are a fantastic photographer. Did you take classes?

And now I want to get a turtle.

Ruth said...

Hi, Sharon,
Thank you for your kind words. No, I never took classes, and my camera is a piece of...well, junk. But somehow I manage to get some images that are post-able. So thank you for liking them.
And those turtles are adorable. The kids spent a lot of time watching them in the lake. Very amusing.

Amanda said...

Great photos. I love that place and it looks like you all had a wonderful day! I haven't been there in ages.

Ruth said...

Thanks, Amanda! It's such a fun place.