Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Prairie Primer: Week Seven: Moccasins

To make these, I used the instructions from Pioneer Crafts - Barbara Greenwood.  These are obviously "fur-lined" moccasins.  My older daughters cut and sewed their own, but I did the two younger ones.  I am not a crafty person, and I loathe sewing.  You can see I am not very good at it.  I never want to cut or sew furry material ever again.  It probably would have been better to use felt or a faux leather. 

Nonetheless, the kids are having fun wearing them, and they all have bells; there is a lot of jingling going on in the house.




By the way, here is a video of the Native American hoop dance performed at Knott's Berry Farm in California.  We were able to see this when we were there.  It is really awesome, and the kids like to watch it.

No comments: