Sunday, July 21, 2013

My Rationale for Our Little House Year

One important function I have learned from Epic Adventures is to write a rationale for the school year.  The rationale helps you to focus on what it is you want your children to come away with when you have completed your school year; and it also helps you to stay on topic while you are putting your school year together.  Sometimes throughout the year you have to revisit your rationale in case you need to get back on track.  This is what I have come up with for this year, Our Little House Year:
Sunrise

Rationale:

I want my children to experience the American wilderness and frontier and appreciate the hardships and achievements of pioneers through the marvelous storytelling of Laura Ingalls Wilder.

3 comments:

Families are Forever said...

We'll be following right along with you as we do our Little House unit this year. I'm looking forward to the inspiration your family blog will offer.

Jeanne said...

I have the cover of the pioneer wagon we set up in our family room during our pioneer year. you can borrow it! It was just a box without a bottom and no wheels, set on the carpet. It is a cool place to read literature, but it might take up your house! We eventually put it out back. :)

Ruth said...

Jeanne, now you are giving me ideas about asking Gil if he feels like making the cart for the covered wagon with all the scrap wood that he has. Hmmm. He did say he wanted to help me this year.